similar linksEmail and Calendar Service LionMail Guides and FAQ LionMail Drive LionMail Accessibility Access G Suite-Status-Dashboard What's new in G Suite?
To improve LionMail, CUIT has enabled a number of Google Apps for Columbia users in addition to the core sets of Google services and applications (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Drive) that came with LionMail. These additional apps provide other ways for the Columbia community to connect and share resources or provide specialized web tools.
Please note that while CUIT has enabled these apps for your use, they are not part of the core set of Google services managed by CUIT. Therefore, support is only about. available Online support documentation from Google . Please also read the following safety information before using any of these apps.Expand all Collapse all
Activated LionMail apps
- Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic so you can better understand how people use your website and what content they are accessing.
- Data collection and management with Google Analytics provides a single, accurate view of the customer that can be customized and shared across the company.
- Using Google Analytics with your LionMail email address:
- For Drupal sites provided by CUIT:
- If you don't have a Google Analytics account yet , You're welcome Submit an application to set up an Analytics account for your site linked to your LionMail account. When contacting web services, be sure to include the URL of the site (s) that you want to monitor with Google Analytics.
- If you already have an existing Google Analytics account that is not linked to your LionMail account and UNI, You need to add your LionMail address as an account user in your Google Analytics settings to access your account with your LionMail email. Instructions are available on the Google support website.
- For CUNIX or Columbia Blogs (WordPress) sites:
- To set up analytics for CUNIX or Columbia Blogs (WordPress) sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For websites not provided by CUIT:
- If you currently use Google Analytics to manage websites that are not provided by CUIT, you can continue to monitor those websites under your existing account.
- If your existing account is not linked to your LionMail address, you can add your LionMail address as an account user to your existing account by doing the following: these instructions .
- For Drupal sites provided by CUIT:
- For more help and information on using Google Analytics, please contact Google-Support or at the Google Analytics Academy .
Google books icon
- Google books works like a normal web search, but limits results to the content of a published book or document.
- When a book is no longer copyrighted or the publisher has given Google permission, a preview of the book and sometimes all of the text is available.
- If the book is in the public domain, you have the option to download a free PDF copy.
- The Buy This Book and Borrow This Book links direct you to information and resources from which to buy or borrow the book.
- Learn more about different views in Google Books .
- Buy books from the Google Play Store .
- For more help and information on Google Books, contact Google-Support .
- Published on 3. September 2017 .
- Google Developers Console (Cloud-Plattform) you can build, deploy, and scale applications, websites, and services on the same infrastructure as Google.
- Steps to use the Google Developers Console in LionMail.
- Only for personal use. The provision of a University P-Card for credit card information is not permitted.
- For help and information on the Google Developer Console (Cloud Platform), please contact Google-Support .
- Google+ is a social network service from Google. Google+ is integrated into all Google services via the menu bar, so that you can easily share content on Google+.
- Contact Google+ for help and information Google-Support .
- The Google Group Providing forums for online collaboration and communication.
- The Google Groups service is not the same as Groups for Business.
- Google Groups are publicly available and visible to everyone.
- Groups for Business enables owners and managers to manage access to the group.
- For additional help and information on Google Groups, contact Google-Support
- Published on February 22, 2018.
- Start creating chats with friends or colleagues, then move on to creating team / group chat rooms.
- Includes message synchronization across all iOS and Android device apps, the ability to search and send pictures via chat, and extensive integrations with Google Drive and Calendar.
Please note: If you don't see the new Hangouts user interface in your LionMail inbox screen, please log out and then log back in to LionMail.
Also, your existing chat contacts were removed when you upgraded from Google Talk to Hangouts Chat. Google has confirmed that this is a known issue. To add your contacts again, just find the person's name in the Hangouts chat interface and start a conversation. After you've had at least one conversation using Hangouts Chat, the person should remain in your contact list.
- Published on February 22, 2018.
- Easy Video conferencing platform , no plug-ins required for participants (just click on a link!)
- Fully integrated with Google Calendar
Google location history icon
Location history allows Google to show you useful information based on where you are on the devices that you are signed into with your Google Account. For example, you can see predictions for your frequent commutes as well as refined search and advertising results.
- Google Maps provides very accurate maps from around the world and uses GPS to help you find your current or any location in the Google Maps database and create routes between locations. In the university environment, maps can be used to complement learning activities and as resources for the campus community.
- Google Maps is used on the Columbia University website for resources such as campus housing and printing.
- In February 2019, Google My Maps enabled for Columbia so you can create and share custom maps.
- For more help and information on Google Maps, please contact Google-Support .
- Google Photos is a photo and video sharing and storage service that allows you to upload and manage your digital assets and access them from anywhere.
- Contact Google Photos for help and information Google-Support .
Before using the apps described above, you should also be aware that these apps are not covered by the agreement between Columbia University and Google that provides the enhanced security that applies to LionMail's core applications. The above apps are subject to Google Consumer Terms of Service that do not protect confidential information to the extent required by FERPA. Therefore, sensitive or confidential data, as defined in Columbia University's data classification policy, may not be shared or transmitted via apps other than LionMail, Calendar, Contacts or Drive. CUIT strongly encourages you to read the Google Terms of Service as it is an agreement between you and Google.
Also note that the first time you access one of the activated apps, you will see the message shown in the screenshot below, which reminds you of our security and privacy guidelines. While this standard Google wording may make it appear that our security and privacy policies have changed, rest assured that CUIT's standard policies will continue to apply and no additional data or information will be visible to or shared with CUIT other than this is currently the case.
Google message: Important changes to your account